Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blake's Second Dream Comes True!

Blake was recruited to play basketball at University of Colorado at Colorado Springs! Since he was a little boy, he has pretended to be in the NBA. He was either Craig Bolerjack interviewing players or he was interviewing himself as a star basketball player.

Emily was on the school website and told Blake that he should fill out an application to play ball. He decided to start filling in some of his information and suddenly decided that he was crazy and thought that he had hit delete. The next day he got a call from the coach. He was wondering if he was for real and Blake was pretty sure that he was wondering about his halfway completed application. After a long conversation on the phone, they set up a meeting/tryout. Blake was accepted to the college, and made the basketball team all in the same day. The coach was impressed with him and feels that he has some real potential. He is waiting to hear back from the NCAA to see if he has to redshirt or if he can start playing right away. Our boy is so excited and can't believe that his childhood dream is coming true. He has his true love Emily and a chance to play basketball all in the same month.
I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Youngins said...

How exciting that you started a Blog! Yea, I am so addicted to it! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Mom you sure have one good looking boy playing guitar!

Anika said...

Trudy, I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm adding you to our friends! Tell Blake congrats- that is awesome! Let's get the Beckster and go hang out! Miss ya too!

Anika

Fun Fantastic Family said...

Thats awesome! Congrats Blake, the one true red blooded Ute in the Tracy family. I have a sense that he is a Democrat too. Just a lawyers hunch :)

`J

The Murdocks said...

Hi Tracy family!!! It's Brieann, Arch's niece. Kiley gave me your blog site so I could see some wedding pics. Everyone looks beautiful and it looks like it was a fun day. I'm excited that you guys have a blog. You will have to check out our blog. It is jbmurdock.blogspot.com. Hope all is well!