I had to post this letter and so you can experience his enthusiasm. He is loving it! Thanks for all of your prayers in his behalf.My Dearest Familia,
How the heck are you? It feels like I haven’t talkedwith you forever. Let me just tell you right off,Holy crap I’m finally on my MISSION!!!! So just a quick overview of my week then I will answer thequestions. Tuesday I hopped on a van with the rest of the people going to Sao Paulo Leste mission. Therewere 4 Americans and 4 Brazilians. It was great. Theothers had to get on a plane and fly for 4 hoursto get to their mission. Mine was a 30 min drive. I arrived there at the mission home (you needto send all mail to the mission home k:) where I metwith Presidente Wilkins and his wife who are awesome. Then we had all this training for 5 hours it feltlike. (You know how I get antsy) I just wanted toget started. So it was all in Portuguese, which wasawesome. After we had a delicious lunch which ofcoarse consisted of rice and beans and meat. But itsgood stuff. So then I got to meet my newcompanheiro!! We went into the chapel with all themissionaries in Sao Paulo Leste and they were allwatching us with smiles. haha then we went up andintroduced ourselves in Portuguese of course. It wasgood. When I said “eu sou de Utah” they went crazy. They call it the Fábrica (factory) of missionaries.haah remind me to tell you some time about how theyassign missionaries because it was funny. But my newcomp is ELDER LEÃO. Yep Braziliero. I am in the VILAEMA area in the city of São Jose Dos Campos. So youcan check it out. Its outside the city, which iscool, but it is still city. Haha you can’t escape ithere. I live in a pretty nice little casa with 3Brazilians that don’t speak English so that’s alwaysfun. This is the most I’ve thought in English in aweek. haha It’s good though. I’m freaking having ablast. My first day we taught a lesson to this girlwhose family are members but she isn’t. She isprobably 22 or so and we flipping committed her tobaptism!! She said....YES!! My goodness I aboutcrapped my pants I was so excited. I told her aboutwhen I was first baptized and how amazing it was. Shehas a son who is like 3 and I told her how happy sheis going to be to see him get baptized as well andknow that you can have him for eternity. It was soamazing. We were in tears. She is getting baptizedthis Sunday!! I can’t believe it. I guess this isone of the hardest missions in Brazil. The Sao PauloLeste. They have one of the least number of baptismsso it’s going to be tough but how amazing. We taught11 lessons with members present this week and 14without. I contact or give out cards (you know dad)to ten people a day. But now I get to say, can westop by your house and teach more, and we taught like5 of them. Its so flipping cool. So everyday we goout to an area and just do everything in that area. Its good stuff. I love it. I couldn’t be happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment