Thursday, September 18, 2008

Landon Baptizes Luiz!

Photobucket
IT started off very slow we didnt teach a whole lot and that makes me mad. I plan for our days every night and people were just difficult this week. But we still ended up teaching like 26 lessons so it wasnt terrible. But We had some membros conosco and they helped alot. Then we stopped by the house of Luis. He is the guy that has 80 yrs. I started teaching him my first week here. We invited him to be baptized and he said yes which is great but usually later they say no or forget about it. But we passed by his house and we taught him and it was good and then i stopped and i looked at him and said Luis when are you gonna be baptised? And he didnt even hesitate and said the 31st of August!!!! I was so happy. He gave me a big hug after. I cant believe the bond you get with the people that your teaching. It kills me when he says hes not reading or when he doesnt get to church that day. He really becomes so important to me. I love it. SO that was cool. Then on friday we got a call from the mom of the guy getting baptised on the 24th and she said that he is for sure getting baptized with or without his daughter. So on saturday morning i stayed here in my area and went to there house to do the interview because i know the area and how to get there and e kittler went to another area for a bit. When we got there i looked at his daughter tiphanie and asked if she was getting baptized on sunday and she said YES!!!! The interviews went great and she was so happy. I showed her some magic and she was loving it. She has like 11 years. Shes so cute. Shes so excited. So then on sunday we got to church and they were there all ready to go. She was in this white dress and just had the biggest smile on!! I was so happy! We had a great meeting first and then they were baptized. I love seeing there faces when they get out of the water. THey all just have the biggest smiles on!! I cant tell you how rewarding it is; Im a Flipping missionary. To think that i had the slightest part in saving these people is so amazing. I love it. Im doing exactly what ive been raised to do. Todas as dias i get the chance to share with people the message that has brought so much happiness in my life. I tell them of the blessings of my family and i share my testimony on the most important thing in my life. THe Gospel. I tell people that we have a prophet exactly the same as moses or isias or adão and that we receive revelation to help us. I love it. I never thought of the significance of that before. People listen to me and think im nuts but then that spirit is there to help. I would be lost without the spirit. Im so grateful family for this opportunity i have to do my part to repay the Lord for some of the things that He has done for me. We will forever be in His debt. Family im a missionary. Im a representative of Jesus Christ and i am working everyday to save my brothers and sisters. I couldnt be happier. Thank you for helping me get to where i am today. I love you all so much and would be lost without you. Thanks for being everything to me! I Love you all so much!Love Elder Tracy!