I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that one of my babies is having a baby. Ok, Emily is having the baby but it's all the same because I love Emily like one of my own. I have new respect after spending part of the day with her yesterday. Her baby was on a nerve and she was getting absolutely no relief from the epidural and was dialated to an eight. It was hard to watch this brave little girl go through this amount of pain and feel so helpless. Next to her was Blake, feeling as much as possible without feeling it as he watched the love of his life endure this herendous experience of labor. No one was prepared for this because we knew that she would have the epidural and all would be well. Not the case. This little girl who has gone through boot camps and every other hard thing that her Military experience provided her, was now so very deperate to rid herself of this pain. Blake finally called his dad to come and give her a blessing. Just minutes after the blessing, she was finally resting. It was quite a sight to peek through the door and see Blake with his eyes shut, saying, "Thankyou, Thankyou", as she slept. Each moment that she was pain free was truly a blessing to not only Emily but to Blake. She had given the ultimate sacrifice. After many hours of labor, the Doctor decided that a C section would be necessary. Braxton Blake was born just after 7 p.m., on December 8th. He weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. Of course he is beautiful and we anxiously await the amazing experience of being this sweet little boy's grandparents.
I couldn't help but wonder how much Mary suffered that night in Bethlehem as she delivered the Christ child in that lowly manger. With no epidural and no modern medicine, was she carried through the pain or did she suffer somewhat like our sweet Emily. What a wonderful time of year to bring yet another little spirit into this world and into our lives. The Christmas season has always been my favorite. Bright lights, Christmas concerts, beautifully wrapped packages and the hustle and bustle that the season brings. Christmas 2008 will always be treasured as this year we received a precious little gift, our first little grandson. Braxton, we love you already!!
3 comments:
It is a surreal feeling to be about to deliver a child at Christmas time. I keep thinking that too. At church on Sunday I started crying during the christmas songs because they are all about birth.
Congratulations!!!!!!
Congratulations! He is darling! I am glad everything turned out ok! I bet you are loving being a grandma! Christmas will be fun at your house this year! Congrats again!
Congratulations on becoming a Grandma! What a special time for your family. My Brooklyn was born on December 13 and that Christmas is still to this day our most memorable Christmas. There's such a special spirit that a newborn brings into a family. Good to hear that mommy and baby are fine.
Post a Comment