There is nothing more exciting than the anticiption of talking to your missionary after so many months. Words can't explain the emotion that we all felt as we heard our little Landon's voice for the first time since April. We used Skype to talk to him over the internet which made the 3 hour phone call... Free! The only downside was that we had to talk over the internet. We all huddled in the laundry room anxious to hear from our boy. As I put the headset on and heard the words, "hi momma" in stereo, the tears began to flow down my cheeks. I couldn't seem to find any words. Just tears! The next thing I heard was, "who's all there". I said, "she's right here". I handed the headset over to Shelby and she began to cry. It was pretty much the same scenerio as each one of the entire family took their turn. Jason and Laura changed their entire day and so they could be here to talk with Landon. Blake got Landon right back to his crazy self after a few phrases that only they understand. Lex was able to ask questions that encouraged a very spiritual and teary moment for all of us.
The one thing that I remember most was that he realizes how important this work is that he's doing. He feels that we shouldn't be ok with our loved ones and his not living the Gospel. He has several friends that he loves so much and can't wait to bear them his testimony of this great Gospel and its importance. He feels a sense of urgency and encouraged us to do the same. He rememered hearing his grandpa (my dad) teaching us to open our mouths and make sure that we took every opportunity to do missionary work. I loved hearing his testimony and for that I am grateful. What a great gift! Yes, Christmas 2008 was GREAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment