Friday, January 30, 2009

Mom's 84th Birthday!

We celebrated my mom's 84th birthday while we were in California. She is very low maintenance! She wanted McDonalds for breakfast and Burger King for dinner. Go figure!! She did request to visit the Ronald Reagon Museum which is just minutes away from my brothers house. We all enjoyed that part of the day. Then we went back to my brother's house who is currently serving as Bishop in his ward, for a Ward Council Date Night. I was busy in the kitchen making several Texas sheet cakes while they had their meeting. I just want to tell my mom that I love her in spite of her poor food choices and only hope that I can become half the woman that she is. She constantly serves everyone. She is a very hard worker (even at 84). She never complains (except when she doesn't get to pick the restaurant) and she has always been a strong example of a virtueous woman. We were so glad that she came to California with us. It really isn't like taking your 84 year old mom/grandma. I love you and hope that we can celebrate many more birthdays with you.



No comments: