Thursday, March 13, 2008

Landon's Farewell...


landon spoke today in Sacrament meeting. He spoke on diligence. He did a great job and Lex and I are just sure that he is going to have an amazing mission and know that he is ready for the challenges that a mission brings. We had so many friends and family members there to support him. We are so blessed to have all of you in our lives. We realize that Landon's decision to go on a mission is because of the intricate part that each of you have played in his life. His grandfather was such an amazing example of diligence and I know that he is so proud of Landon. He has many cousins that have paved the way through their example to serve. His new cousin in law Jason is like a brother and loves him so much. Of course we can't forget about Laura one of his favorite cousins who happened to marry his best bud Jason. Thanks Laura for choosing such a great mate. Thanks to Aunts and Uncles who have provided great memories for our families as we have shared so much time together. Many spiritual teaching moments as we have traveled together as a family. Our trip back east visiting the church history sites will always be a highlight.

Friends have always been a big part of Landon's life. I remember times when my boys would check with us and our weekend plans before telling their friends yes or no. If the plans involved the Rolfe's and Cutlers, they would usually choose to be with the family. Kurt and Zach have helped raise our boys and their example has greatly influenced the choices that our boys have made. The Brockbanks have blessed our lives in so many ways. Kenny's ability to motivate and coach Landon will always be remembered and used in his life. Many memories at Lake Powell, camping and just being together will always be treasured.

Landon has been so lucky to have good friends. He has always chosen friends that have lifted him up and expected him to stand tall. To all of you Lex and I are forever grateful!

I appreciate Blake and the standard that he has set for his brother to follow. I know that they have always been the best of friends and know that they will truly miss each other. I'm sure that Blake will be his third companion. He seems to always have feedback for his brother.

Landon's greatest example is father. Lex has been a perfect example of Christ like love to his children. He has always been worthy to give a Priesthood blessing at a moments notice and I know that Landon has appreciated his constant love and devotion.

I have only mentioned a few, but I am truly grateful for all of you that have influenced my boys life. It's true that it does "take a village", and we have been lucky to be a part of yours.




5 comments:

The Murdocks said...

Wow, I can't believe Landon is already going on a mission! I remember when we went up to UT for Blake's farewell. Time sure goes by fast. I miss your mom's scones so much! Those things are seriously the best. I know Landon will make a great missionary.
Brieann

Cris said...

Landon, you are so cute! It makes me cry that you are leaving but I would cry harder if you weren't going.

Anika said...

He did such a great job! I love all your pictures! Sorry, we couldn't make it over... we had to go down to Nate's parents house for dinner. WE hadn't been down for like 6 weeks and Nate was getting bugged! lol!

chelsea and Jeremy said...

Sorry i could not make it to the farwell i would have loved to see you guys. i would love to have you come see Ady we all need to get together and go to dinner.

- chelsea

Anika said...

Trudy- I need to get my rings cleaned! Can you do that!?