Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad! In loving memory! We miss you!!!


We lost our dad on May 26th, 2006. He would be 83 today. My dad was one of my best friends. He called each one of us almost daily. He wouldn't even say hello, he would say, "are ya all right"? We weren't always all right. He had that amazing intuition of knowing when to call and it was often times when we most needed to hear our dad's words of encouragement, or just to be told how blessed we were and sometimes to tell us not to feel sorry for ourselves. I would say "thanks a lot", but would have been secretly disappointed if he hadn't kicked us in the pants with his words of wisdom and told us to work harder, pray harder and live the Gospel more fully. His precious legacy of faith and testimony of the Gospel is our most priceless gift. There is not a night that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for my dad and continue to pray that he knows how much I miss him and love him. His virtuous life and example is something that my entire family will always treasure. I love my dad and can't wait to see him once again. As long as I have my mom, I will always have a piece of my dad. She is the love of his life and I am grateful for sweet memories of their beautiful life together. God be with you my daddy until we meet again.

No comments: