Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Landon update!


Landon got transferred but we're not sure where he is because he found out on Monday evening. He has been teaching a boy named Davi. This is a portion of his letter concerning his new found friend and investigator. Thanks for all of your prayers in his behalf. He is certainly being blessed.


So I'll just tell you about Davi right now. Everything is good. He is talking about serving a mission right now. He asked if I get to come when he goes to the temple for the first time. He went to all3! (yes priesthood too) sessions of conference.He went to PH alone. We cant watch it because we watch it all live here so it gets over at like 11:00here. So that really stunk. Anyway he is just really exactly the kind of person you want to teach! So on Sunday he pulled me aside and asked if i was for sure getting transferred and I said yea probably, why? He then said , "cause I had a talk with my mom like you said to do and she said I can be baptized next Sunday!!!!!!!" "and he said he wants me to baptize him! " I got welled up in tears. I couldn't help it. This kid is gonna be baptized finalmente and I wont be here. Its okay though. He will be baptized and that's what matters. Family this boy will serve a mission, he will help others experience the same change that he went through and bring them into this great Gospel and he will grow his family in the church. Family I know why I'm here. I'm here to help people. I'M here to be an instrument in our Saviors hands and save peoples lives. Ive never had so much pressure on me my whole life and I couldn't be more relaxed because this is His work. It's His work and all I have to do is my part and I know it will all work out great. I'm so grateful for my decision to be here. As I sat and thought of the effect that just baptizing Davi will have I was overwhelmed. To think of him serving a mission and doing all that will make my mission worth it. I looked at him and said "thank you"afterwards. He asked me why. I told him that this mission is so important to me and I devote everything I have to it and he did the same with the message that we taught him. He took every bit of info and searched pondered and prayed. I told him he truly is an Elect Child of God. Family this has been the most amazing experience so far on my mission. I'm sad I wont be able to baptize him but I know he will be baptized
and that's all that matters. So about conference, WOW! family as my title reads I LOVE CONFERENCE! I've never been so interested in it in my life. We watched it at a members house that has cable so we got to watch it in English. That was a blessing. Even the kids that have almost 2 years on the mission have trouble understanding the translator guy and its just so much better to hear there voices. So that was great. They only program it from the Stake Center so that's in the Ward House right by our house. Not my area but I live there. So all the members have to drive for an hour or so to get here. I won't ever take conference in our living room for granted again. So we had all 8 missionaries in our Stake come and watch it with us. The Brazilians(except for Kittler haha cause he's basically American) watched it at the chapel and we watched it at the house. It was fantastic. I loved Elder Ballards talk about angels. It was awesome. I spoke more in a tape I'm making for ya´ll right now but it was great.
Mom that's awesome about the experience you had. Its so easy to humble yourself when you see what others have to deal with. I've learned alot of that here. I see people sleeping in the streets and searching in garbages for food and stuff that they can sell. It's so sad.
Well I think that's about it. oh ya I was thinking about my poppa and Blake going to conference together and I started to tear up. I loved that so much pops and then you go to JANBO!!! oh my. I want that so bad. So anyway it was a great week and may be next time I write you I'll be in a new area with a new comp. I love you so much family!!Love Elder Tracy and investigator. Thanks for all of your prayers in his behalf. He is certainly being blessed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hifamily

Our crying at that time ... I'm very excited Our cum this letter .. I am so sorry to miss him here ... but we will not lose contact!
Trudy thanks for the email ... I liked a lot!
A great day for you!
love
Davi!

The Tracy's said...

In case you didn't figure it out, this comment is from Davi the investigator that Landon is talking about. How fun it will be to keep in touch with him! The Gospel is True!!
Trudy

Anika said...

What a cool post Trudy! Hope to see you soon! Also... I can't make it to your boutique and I am so bummed! I will be in Cali. I hope it all goes well though!

Nicole Rabello said...

My two brothers loved,
David will baptize Sunday, then I'll hit the photos of his baptism, I am very happy for the decision of David.
This is the one true way.
Trudy, David is so cute and an elected Lord's.

Taty Sputnik said...

Elder Tracy está em minha ala, Vila Matilde. É um missionario "freaking" bom!

Abraços!!!