




At times I have wondered if there is something wrong with me because I don't really have High School ties. I had a great group of friends but I haven't really kept in touch. Last week when I was invited home for an Alumni Cheer Reunion, I felt the need to attend. You might laugh as many did but for some reason I felt inclined to make the trip. Did I want to ride on that float? Was it the luncheon where we would mingle and see the old cheer uniform fashion show? Maybe I secretly wanted to perform the school song at half time? I wasn't sure but Lex was sweet to take the day off and off to Malad we did go. It's hard to go home now that my Dad has passed away. Home is where the heart is and my heart is no longer in Malad. I was still trying to figure out why I felt like making this trip with my busy schedule. After a full day I would like to share the two reasons why I think that it was so imortant that I made the trip.
It was fun to see my best friend Tammy. As we hugged, I was able to remember all the great times we had with one another. It was great to visit with many and reflect on my high school years.
During the afternoon break, I felt lonely as I realized I didn't have my home. My mom lives just minutes away from me in Sandy and our home is rented to some friends while they build their new home. Of course, I had to torture myself. We did the "drive by." The house was no longer home. The once beautiful manicured yard was quite distressed looking as weeds took the place of mom's beautiful flowers. I was quiet as I reflected and remembered times in the past. A once booming irrigation business where young men working for my dad and brother were activated into the church and served full time missions. I thought of moments of family gatherings which ended up in spiritual discussions and the receiving of Priesthood blessings. I remembered many Christmas Eves where we all gathered together and watched the grandchildren act out the Nativity and tender gifts were given and many tears shed. I remember waking up to the sound of my dad's cowboy boots walking down the hardwood hall and hollering down the stairs to "wake up". How I would love to hear his voice and the words "do you know I love you." I had to stop and remember and I'm glad that I did. I will forever have these memories of a beautiful childhood.
We then took a pumpkin to the cemetery to put on my dad's grave. It was fun to watch Elle write grandpa a special message of love. Dad was probably proud as I thought to myself, "he isn't here". I felt him much more as I sat across the street from our home and recalled the sweet memories. I know that he is in a beautiful resting place and I only hope that I can live my life accordingly that someday I will be able to have him take me in his arms and remind me of how much he loves me. I feel so grateful for loving and virtuous parents that were great examples in word and in deed. No matter how many weeds fill the flower gardens, I will always have the memories of "home". Thanks Mom and Dad! I can only hope that I create for my children a portion of the love and joy that you created for me.
It was fun to see my best friend Tammy. As we hugged, I was able to remember all the great times we had with one another. It was great to visit with many and reflect on my high school years.
During the afternoon break, I felt lonely as I realized I didn't have my home. My mom lives just minutes away from me in Sandy and our home is rented to some friends while they build their new home. Of course, I had to torture myself. We did the "drive by." The house was no longer home. The once beautiful manicured yard was quite distressed looking as weeds took the place of mom's beautiful flowers. I was quiet as I reflected and remembered times in the past. A once booming irrigation business where young men working for my dad and brother were activated into the church and served full time missions. I thought of moments of family gatherings which ended up in spiritual discussions and the receiving of Priesthood blessings. I remembered many Christmas Eves where we all gathered together and watched the grandchildren act out the Nativity and tender gifts were given and many tears shed. I remember waking up to the sound of my dad's cowboy boots walking down the hardwood hall and hollering down the stairs to "wake up". How I would love to hear his voice and the words "do you know I love you." I had to stop and remember and I'm glad that I did. I will forever have these memories of a beautiful childhood.
We then took a pumpkin to the cemetery to put on my dad's grave. It was fun to watch Elle write grandpa a special message of love. Dad was probably proud as I thought to myself, "he isn't here". I felt him much more as I sat across the street from our home and recalled the sweet memories. I know that he is in a beautiful resting place and I only hope that I can live my life accordingly that someday I will be able to have him take me in his arms and remind me of how much he loves me. I feel so grateful for loving and virtuous parents that were great examples in word and in deed. No matter how many weeds fill the flower gardens, I will always have the memories of "home". Thanks Mom and Dad! I can only hope that I create for my children a portion of the love and joy that you created for me.
2 comments:
I am Davi on of your son's friend from here Brazil. I would like to say that your son is very special for us from São José dos Campos and we love him a lot. How is your family? I hope they are right, I pray for your family and I love everybody there. I hope onde day you come here to pay a visit... Bye
My email is fagundesbento@hotmail.com
I love your family
Hi family ... I am here to say that Tracy was transferred to Sao Paulo SP ... I was very sad not to have him in here every day at my house more if God sent him to lah is because there is a purpose of God ...
Most do not want to lose the cantata with your family you love him very much!
A great week ... answer my email!
fagundesbento@hotmail.com
kisses
I love you
Post a Comment