I love this. He said he misses his mommy. Not sure if I believe it but I sure liked it!
My boy is so happy! His new companion, Elder Roberto in Via Matilde
Notice is sweet pillow. He loves his football!
(A little blurb from his letter)We are really hammering out the lessons now. I'm working my comp overtime!!! We have had the best numbers out of our whole district this transfer. We are really trying to just get as many new investigators as possible. So the work is really moving over here. we had some more invest; at church this Sunday too. It was great. So thank you for your prayers for our success out here i know its helping!Now i want to tell you something I've learned this week. It was Friday and i was in my personal study and i felt inclined to study about the Atonement. I started reading a talk by Elder Bednar about it and it has truly changed my whole perspective on the importance of the Atonement. When ever i thought about the Atonement i would think of the blessing that we have to repent for our sins and become clean again. But in this case its only good for people that are sinning. This talk and some scripture study has opened my eyes to the true Blessing of the Atonement in our lives! Our purpose here in life is to live, gain a body have experiences and make it back to our Heavenly Father. To do that we need to be good. So when your bad you need to do things to be good. But what we don't think about is what do we do when were good. WE GET BETTER. I was thinking how and what we do to get better and i came up with the standard primary answers; read, pray, go to church. But really that is what we do. Family the Atonement is not just for people who need to repent but it is there to help us get better. We have the capability to become perfect with the Enabling Power of the Atonement. but how do we do this. WE NEED TO USE IT. When we think of what we need to do to enter into Our Fathers Kingdom again we think we need to be as best as we can. But as i said with the Power and Blessing of the Atonement of our Savior we have the capability to become PERFECT. Every day we need to use the Atonement and be in that perfect state. yes we will sin again and again but using the Atonement we will be perfect. How great of a blessing is that! i never looked at it in that way before. the second thing that i learned is what else our Savior did that night in the Garden of Gethsemene. He not only paid for our sins but He felt the pains and heartaches of the world. He felt every one of our emotions good and bad. He knows exactly what we are going through every second of our lives because he felt them first. every feeling we have felt or will feel He has already experienced it. So whenever your thinking that no one knows how bad you have it or you start feeling life is hard , look to our Savior for comfort. He did all of that so that we would learn to depend on Him. How great is that. He wants us to pray for help He wants us to use HIM. So we need to take advantage of the blessing that the Atonement is and apply it in our lives DAILY! We don't pray for our life to change or for our heartaches to pass but we need to pray for the strength to overcome the experiences and gain as much knowledge as possible from it. we need to pray for the strength of the lord to help us overcome it and we can change how are life is going. Family I'm so happy. I know exactly what I'm doing. I have my days planned everyday and all i have to worry about is teaching and helping the Lord save the world. Its the hardest Stress free job in the world. I love you all so much and I'm so glad that you are all being so blessed! It makes me feel so happy to know that finally I'm doing something that is blessing other people, not just helping myself. I love it so much here and I'm happy to be here. I love you family! Love Elder Tracy
1 comment:
Wow Trudi, I am impressed with the length of Landon's letters. We are lucky if we get a paragraph from Zac. I am so glad to see that Landon is doing well and having success. Zac hits his 1 year mark on Jan. 2nd. It has been a great journey so far. It is fun seeing the growth in our boys.
Take Care.
Lisa
Post a Comment